SOLD by Greg Windel and Linda Ratcliff
- 2 Beds
- 1 Bath
- 4 Cars
Positioned in a sought after east side, walk rail position, this circa 1930s character residence blends the grace of its period with a wonderful opportunity to either enjoy this gorgeous home as is, or further extend to meet your family's needs. Surrounded by prestige properties, there is definite scope to fully capitalise on this prime position. Suitable for professional couples, young families, or those wishing to make their mark by blending old with new, the home is framed by beautifully nurtured, established gardens and meandering pathways. A covered rear alfresco timber deck allows you to enjoy the peaceful garden perspective.
Immaculately presented, with both formal and family living spaces, this residence has a very private outlook and is situated on a 1,030 (approx) sqm near level corner block. The floorplan is flexible to suit a range of needs, with the expansive family area lending itself to being redefined as a third bedroom, whilst still providing an ample footprint for a second living space and casual meals.
- Main bedroom with lovely bay window and seat/storage
- Additional double bedroom with built in wardrobe
- Formal lounge with cosy open gas fireplace and possible study alcove
- Separate formal dining room or study, with original open fireplace
- Family room with skylight, which flows through French doors to the covered rear deck overlooking the garden
- Fully renovated kitchen opening onto the dining and family areas.
- Period style bathroom with heated towel rail
- Generous double garage with plenty of storage plus attached double carport (vehicle access from Coila Street)
Features and location benefits:
- 10ft ceilings and picture rails throughout
- Original cypress pine floorboards in dining area (and throughout most of the home, which are currently covered in pure wool carpet)
- Mostly double brick construction
- Extension at rear of house can support a future second storey
- Roof insulation
- New gas hot water service
- Wired for Foxtel and high speed internet
- Walk to Turramurra or Warrawee rail
- Within catchment area and walking distance to a number of local schools
- Stroll to Turramurra Memorial Park and Karuah oval, with just a short wander down to Eastern Road shops
Experience the warmth of this classic home, with the potential to further upgrade in the convenience of the perfect location.
Disclaimer: All information contained herein is gathered from sources we believe reliable. We have no reason to doubt its accuracy, however we cannot guarantee it.
Do you want to find out more about this suburb? Enter your details to receive a free comprehensive suburb report.